Last week, our church small group had a social evening where we played a bunch of games. One game involved passing a small, ticking grenade from player to player as you each had your turn. Yesterday, my “friend” Maura, threw me a grenade from Ohio.
Right. The game we played last week goes by the subtle moniker of Pass the Bomb. You have a deck of cards, each card has two or three letters on it, and you have to think of a word that uses those letters in order but not necessarily consecutively. You may not repeat a word – obviously, duh – but you may modify the word by making it a plural or adding –ing or whatever. Or you can be entirely original and think of your own word.
You have to think quickly; the grenade is ticking and you don’t want to be left holding the bomb when it explodes. Well, when it fizzles, really. Each time you set the grenade a-ticking, it ticks for a random length of time, so you never know when it’ll go.
The grenade got thrown around the circle at such pace, some of us got shrapnel injuries. It seems that the Memetastic award is doing the same.
So, thank you dearest 36×37 aka Maura (who is, in fact, one of the most gifted writers I know, disguised as a friend) for throwing the kitty-bomb my way. I am eternally indebted to you for passing this extraordinary honour to me. I am
taking it back taken aback. I’m glad you think so much of me. Or not.
So here’s the deal. I’ve been Memetastic-ed. And read quickly, because I don’t want to be left holding the grenade.
Jill, at Yeah, Good Times, created this Award. Thank you, Jill. Thank you very much.
The Memetastic Rules
1. You must proudly display the graphic (above), which Jill describes as “absolutely disgusting.” According to Jill: “It’s so bad that not only did I use COMIC SANS, but there’s even a little jumping, celebrating kitten down there at the bottom. It’s horrifying! But its presence in your award celebration is crucial to the memetastic process we’re creating here.”
2. You must list five things about yourself, and four of them must be bold-faced lies. Quality is not important.
3. You must pass this award to five bloggers you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. As spoken by the great Jill: “I don’t care who you pick, and nobody needs to know why. You can give a reason if you want, but I don’t really care.”
4. If you fail to follow any of the above rules, Jill will hunt you down and harass you incessantly until, according to her, “you either block me on Twitter or ban my IP address from visiting your blog. I don’t know if you can actually do that last thing, but I will become so annoying to you that you will actually go out and hire an IT professional to train you on how to ban IP addresses just so that I’ll leave you alone. I’m serious. I’m going to do these things.”
5. Once you do the above, please link up to the Memetastic Hop so that Jill can keep track of where this thing goes and figure out who she needs to stalk.
Excited? I thought so.
Here is my offering:
- I have often been mistaken for a ballet dancer. However, when people study my style, they realize that my motif is more contemporary slash jazzart, if you will. Interpretive dance is my preferred movement.
- I am easily bored and take little interest in anything around me. Especially other people.
- Nothing relaxes me more than sitting down with a mug of hot cocoa and a jolly good game of Sudoku.
- I wish I was funny enough and brave enough to be a stand-up comedian.
- I love applying for jobs and going for interviews. These are the funnest things you can do in London.
So, study these points carefully because hidden among them is a truth about me that you would never be able to guess.
Maura, you’re fantastic – thanks for sharing this award with me. Jill, you’re the bomb. Pleased to meet you.
I think I am going to cop out of chucking the grenade towards anyone in particular, as I know many of you have had this honour already. If anyone reading this feels so inclined and wants to grab the mic, or the grenade, or the kitty – knock yourself out. But beware … the ticking starts now.
Sunshine signing off for today!
32 thoughts on “Now I’m the Cat’s Pyjamas”
Definitely #1…another thing you and I “almost twins” have in common (NOT!)…
Enjoy the crazy kitty!
Hahaha, Wendy! The crazy kitty has started ticking … 🙂
You. Are. So. Welcome.
Hello, Jill! Great to mememeet you!
The badge/graphic must be the most hideous thing I’ve seen all week .. oh, I forgot Mobarak’s face plastered all over the place …
I love #5. You are funny, funny girl!
Thank you, Tori – it was kind of fun to write!
I love it, Sunshine! You’re such a good sport. I think I sent you the award almost selfishly, because I wanted to see what your 4 truths and a lie would be.
Thanks so much for the lovely shout-out, too. Funny…I think YOU’RE one of the most gifted writers I know. 🙂
Hugs to you, friend. This was such a fun read!
Yay – glad you loved it, Maura! Thank you! It was fun to write and I hope you could tell the difference between the lies and a truth! 🙂
Congrats (?) on your new award — this will look lovely hanging on your fridge!! You did blow it up BIG and print out a copy, didn’t you??
Now that’s a brilliant idea – thanks, I hadn’t thought of that, Debbie. 🙂
Afraid I received the same damn award today from Clouded Marbles!
Hugs from Haiti,
Have fun with it, Kathy!
I just received the Nobel Prize today. But yours looks way more fun. Alas, like you, I’d love to be funny enough and brave enough to be a stand up comedian.
Congratulations, Renee – I’ll come and check out your trophy cabinet! I think you are funny enough…
Aw. That’s sweet! I like it!
I miss you, and i look forward to catching up over here!
(can you update your blogroll to the new site? http://www.planejaner.com thanks!)
Hey jane, blogroll link updated. Glad you liked this 🙂
Sunshine, Pass the Bomb is one of my all-time favourite games!! Anarchic, fast-moving, subconscious….brilliant. Second only to Pass The Pigs, a game in which small plastic pigs take the place of die. However they fall you get a points score. Used to play it at journalism school, little things please little minds.
Thankyou for such a fab reminder and congrats on the accolade. And the grenade.
So you would have loved being part of our church small group social last week, then? The game was such fun – anarchic, indeed! I don’t know Pass the Pigs – I’m pretty sure someone in our group will have it, though! Thanks, Kate!
I’m enjoying following this Kitty around! Nicely done Sunshine 🙂
Here, kitty kitty! Do you want it back, Harsha? hahaha – glad you enjoyed this! 🙂
Okay- which is the truth- either 3 or 4?
Do I look like someone who would play Sudoku, bokkie? Seriously? hahaha 🙂
What’s wrong with Sudoku? Xx
Nothing at all, bokkie! Just not my thing! 🙂
Though I’m torn between #1 and #5, I’m going for #4!! Congratulations on your award, Sunshine. Well deserved. Hugs, Diane
I know, I can imagine you wondering, Diane! hahahahahaha! But I think you know me well enough, my friend. Thanks so much 🙂
I’m guessing the true one is No. 4, but I agree with the previous posters that the graphic is beyond redemption.
You, too, know me pretty well, Todd! Yes, beyond redemption indeed! hahaha
I love reading these lists (although if the grenade had been tossed to me, I would have tossed it back). Don’t give up on the life of a comic. Someday, perhaps? 🙂
Ahhh, I can dream, can’t I, Amanda? So didn’t you think I was a ballet dancer? Or at least an interpretive dancer? 🙂